...

Saturday 20 September 2014

Green rooibos and honey tea!


Hello peoples! I bought this wonderful tea at a Holland and Barrett store a little while ago and have been drinking it for a few months. It's wonderful! So I did a little research about this tea...

Green rooibos is the unfermented kind of rooibos tea, you may have seen the bright red rooibos which has been fermented to get its colour. But the green is the more natural form. Green rooibos tea is naturally caffeine free, so it's generally a tea that I enjoy in the evening to wind down, just as I would drink camomile.  Like green tea, rooibos contains antioxidants and minerals that we need, however rooibos does contain slightly less than green tea. One great thing about rooibos, in complete contrast to other teas, is that it aids the absorption of iron, whereas many teas prevent the absorption. Personally, I have always struggled with my iron levels and often have to take iron supplements, so it's important that this tea actually helps to absorb that iron. As with many other teas, rooibos is great for soothing stomach pains or cramps as it relaxes the stomach muscles which are causing you pain. Similarly to camomile, it's also great for calming and relaxing you and is perfect before bed, especially for people who struggle to get off to sleep. 

In fact, overall, rooibos is quite similar to camomile tea, but has added benefits that you would expect of green tea. Ultimately I just love the taste of this tea! With the hint of honey I don't need to add any myself, and it's just delicious and soothing. Not to mention that this tea is under £2 from Holland and Barrett, so definitely worth a try!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!

You may also like