...

Monday 21 July 2014

Product review - healthy protein, Quorn sausages!


Now I really can't recommend these enough. As I've decided to stop eating meat for several reasons, some health related and some moral, I thought I'd try Quorn as I'd heard a lot about it!

As it turns out they're everything I liked about sausages minus everything I didn't like about them. They taste just like sausages but without the grease and fat that stopped me from eating normal sausages anyway. Even my partner, who as a Brazilian, is an avid meat-lover was surprised at how nice they actually are.

As well as great taste, they're super easy to cook! As you can see on the packaging, they only take around 14 minutes. You can cook them as you would normally sausages, so you can fry, grill or oven cook them. I prefer to fry them as it is easier to keep track of when they're done, and not over cook them.

Quorn sausages are also surprisingly well priced. For a branded product like this which is one of many few in the market, I thought they'd be quite overpriced but they're only around £1.50-£2 for 8 (depending on where you purchase them).

For non-meat eaters, getting enough protein can sometimes be a challenge if you're not too keen on the idea of sitting around eating nuts all day and Quorn is a great source of protein with a low fat content. Although, as a substitute for meat, Quorn does lack nutrients such as iron, so it wouldn't be a good idea to introduce Quorn into part of your everyday diet to replace nutrients you won't be gaining from meat. However, if you are a meat eater, but still want to try Quorn, it's a great idea to have now and again as a healthier option to meat.

Cooking and preparation time: 15 minutes

You will need:

  • Quorn sausages (2/3 per person)
  • Light butter
  • Vegetable/sunflower/olive oil
Steps:
  1. Add a knob of butter to a pan on the hob at a medium heat and allow to melt before adding a dash of oil to the pan.
  2. Add the desired amount of Quorn sausages and continuously move them around for around 14 minutes. You may wish to cut one of them in half to check that the centre is cooked.
  3. Season to taste and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!

You may also like